Posted by Deepak Shetty on July 25, 2010
TV’s are extremely well-liked and widespread. In every single household people have at least one or two TV sets, on which Kids spend too much time watching programs and shows which do not even bring them any knowledge. Somehow all adults and children become slaves of the television box. One finds it hard to talk to children particularly without anything being mentioned about the television, which proves that much of their lives are dedicated to the television. TV is viewed by families while having their dinner, supper, or even spending their free time, instead of taking up something more creative or something that would have far more advantages. Considering that the television displays a lot of violence in the programs, children are being subject to a lot of brutality and somehow watching TV harms their development.
Because when you come down to think on it, the time that the kid is spending on watching television is lesser time depleted on homework or having interesting exchanges with grown ups or other children. What is more is that watching TV late at night makes the children feel tired, which stops them from paying full attention in school during the day.
Recently What’s-on-India launched a show on Parental TV Guidance – My Child’s TeeVee, which is a 7 minutes’ show. It is an endeavor to create awareness amongst the parents about the adverse effects of excessive television viewing on their kids. The show will be hosted by the famous “Whirlpool Mom” Amrita Raichand and will have eminent doctors like Dr. Sanjeev Ahuja (Paediatrician) – Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai and Dr. Narendra Kinger (Clinical Psycologist & Psychotherapist) – Cozy Clinique and Nursing Home, Mumbai.
These doctors will discuss and give insights on the adverse effects of excessive television on child’s psychology and the emerging need for parental guidance in television. The show will also highlight some must watch shows for kids, and provide expert ideas on how to handle kids of various age groups.
What’s-On-India has introduced the concept of television guidance to India for the first time. What’s-on-India has been committed to television guidance in India and with its unique proposition to viewers has introduced this show to educate parents on the importance and the need for parental guidance in today’s time and age. It’s time you start taking care of what your Kids are watching!!
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Children's Behaviour, My Child’s TeeVee, Parental TV Guidance, Television, Television Guidance, What’s On India | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on July 6, 2010
Volkswagen, has announced the launch of its all new Sedan, the New Vento in the Indian market. It will be the brand’s second volume model after its successful launch of the new Polo and will be coming as a premium entry level Sedan in the country.
There was a LIVE WEBCAST of the New Vento unveiling in Delhi today. The unveiling commenced at 2.00 pm. For exclusive pics of the launch click here: http://bit.ly/9KPCKb
The New Vento will be available in diesel and petrol variants, both which will be powered by 1.6 L engines and will be available in manual and automatic (petrol version with AT) transmissions in the market.
Its timeless, pure and authentic design clubbed with the quality engineering, sturdiness and driving dynamics which is a characteristic of the Brand Volkswagen will set a benchmark in its class.
Volkswagen has ensured that the New Vento is equipped with features like excellent suspension to provide great drivability on Indian roads, strong air conditioning to take care of extreme Indian weather, convenient legroom including comfortable rear seats, high ground clearance, safety features like Anti Braking Systems (ABS) and airbags and even a strong horn, necessary for safe driving in India.
The New Vento will be the seventh model from the Brand Volkswagen for the Indian market.
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: New Vento in the India, New Vento unveiling, Vento Launch, Volkswagen, Volkswagen Vento LIVE unveiling | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on June 1, 2010
CPAA is known for its activities against Cancer causing products. Earlier they have done many events such as Cricket Match of Celebs, Music concerts etc. But on the World no Tobacco Day they were approached by Mudra MaX for a unique campaign – “Cigarettes Are Jobless”
The invitation of the event was already on Facebook, in which almost 35+ people had shown interest to join. Earlier I had received the Invitation to join the Fan Page – Smokey Cigarson is Jobless, Some what surprised, I checked, and I was immediately attracted to join the page!
The whole campaign revolves around the Idea that, on the No Tobacco Day, people have quit smoking and now cigarettes are Jobless. So, they are distributing their resume. The activity was stated early in the day at major locations such as Mahim, Bandra, Vile Parle and Malad.
At Malad the, event took place at Inorbit mall. Luckily I was on that side, so, made a visit. I was never a smoker, but still I took the Resume, and gave a look. Here it is:
It’s a really nice concept, and people were really amzed to see a cigarette box distributing resume. Some people even stood there and shared their thoughts to tell this to their friends. Some people even took 3-4 copies of resume to give it to their friends.
The campaign was done in collaboration with CPAA, by Mudra Max.
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Cancer causing products, Cigarettes, No Tobacco Day Campaign, World no Tobacco Day | 1 Comment »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on April 6, 2010
Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant competition in India, which annually selects three winners to compete internationally. Winners represents india for Miss Universe pageant, 1st runner-up to the Miss World contest and the second-runner up used to represent India in the Miss Asia-Pacific
Exclusive Pics of Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2010 Contestants Night Out partying. To get more updates about Pantaloons & Miss India Contestants : Pantaloons (click here) join here you might get an opportunity to meet one of the Contestant & loads of prizes to be won so just dont stare at the girls just be a part of pantaloons page : www.facebook.com/pantaloons.
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Femina Miss India 2010, Femina Miss India Contestants Night Out, Miss India, Miss India Contest, pantaloons, Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2010 Contestants | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on March 9, 2010
Marriage cannot be completed without a wedding ring. In some countries a couple can wed each other only by exchanging wedding ring. A wedding ring is often worn on the left ring finger, which is the fourth finger from the thumb of the left hand. It is a traditional belief that the “vein of love” directly ran from the heart to the fourth finger of the left hand. It is only because of this belief that in some countries the wedding ring is placed on the fourth ring finger of the left hand.
In the Indian wedding tradition, the left hand is considered inauspicious. Hence the wedding ring is worn on the right hand. However, despite tradition the wedding ring symbolizes love, fidelity and marital commitment to each other.
There is a one more convincing explanation given by the Chinese Of Why should the wedding ring be worn on the fourth finger…It says
Thumb represents your — Parents
Second (Index) finger represents your Siblings
Middle finger represents Your Self
Fourth (Ring) finger represents your Life Partner
Last (Little) finger represents your Children
- Firstly, open your palms (face to face), bend the middle fingers and hold them together – back to back
- Secondly, open and hold the remaining three fingers and the thumb – tip to tip (As shown in the figure Above)
- Now, try to Separate your Thumbs (representing the parents)…, they will open, because your parents are not destined to live with you lifelong (Sorry but its the Truth), and have to leave you sooner or later.
- Please join your thumbs as before and separate your Index fingers (representing siblings)… ., they will also open, because your brothers and sisters will have their own families and will have to lead their own separate lives.
- Now join the Index fingers and separate your Little fingers (representing your children)… ., they will open too, because the children also will get married and settle down on their own some day…
- Finally, join your Little fingers, and try to separate your Ring fingers (representing your spouse).
You will be surprised to see that you just CANNOT ..,
Coz Husband & Wife have to remain together all their lives – through thick and thin.. !!
Does this theory convince you… ???
Other Blog posts:
What does your birth alphabet say……
CHECK OUT YOUR BIRTHANIMAL?
Whats Your Birth Stone……
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Indian wedding tradition, Marriage, vein of love, wedding ring, Why Fourth Finger is called the Wedding Ring Finger, Why should the wedding ring be worn on the fourth finger | 5 Comments »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on March 30, 2009
Tatas stunned the world with a Rs 1 lakh car, Nano, which opened the market for a common man to make his dream come true of buying a car . Now buzz is that auto biggie Maruti-Suzuki too is ready with its small car , the Suzuki car will be somewhat similar to rival Nano.
- Make Suzuki Model Cervo Engine capacity 660 cc against Nano’s 623cc
- Driving type Available in both 2WD and also 4WD
- Steering position Right Hand Drive (steering wheel on the right side of car)
- Transmission type Automatic gear Fuel Gasoline (Petrol)
- Passenger capacity 4 (According to Japanese law)
- Number of doors 5
Suzuki is planning push out the long lasting master kid “Maruti 800” with the Japanese Suzuki Cervo which is the latest small car recently launched in Japan.Possibility is that the little car could hit the road , they say, as early as the end of this year . The car might cost Rs 1.5 lakh on road (that is, excluding insurance) – a little higher than Nano, which is expected to be Rs 1.25 lakh on road. The car might be called ‘Suzuki Cervo’ in India too.
Even Hyundai stated its intention to come out with a car that could cost less than Rs 2 lakh and hit the road by 2011. So even the budget cars according to me will come in varities giving people option to have the car of their choice and brand and hope with this even the Indian government comes with solutions to traffic problems in future.
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Maruti Suzuki Cervo Nano Hyundai Cars | 15 Comments »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on December 3, 2008
AT THE COST OF 14.5years OF YOUR LIFE
“Cigarette smoking is injurious to health’ a cautionary note we come across everywhere all the time.”
Cigarette smoking used to be rare among women, today the rate of smoking among women seems to be on the rise. According to a recent survey, many women continue to smoke cigarette without considering its negative effects. When women are used to smoking they find it harder to quit smoking than do men. One of their fears is that they will gain weight if they quit smoking. But gaining weight is not inevitable with quitting smoking. There is no overall correlation between the two.
Smoking is a double hazard for women and for the child they bear.
Cigarette smoke in the mother’s blood stream alters the heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen supply and acid balance of the unborn infant. A pregnant woman who smokes two packs a day, blocks off the equivalent of 40 % of the oxygen supply to the fetus. Pregnant women who smoke have more stillbirths, spontaneous abortions and low weight bodies than do non-smoking mothers.
“Smoking takes an average of 14.5 years off women’s lives”
– One cigarette makes the cilia sluggish. Inhaling cigarette smoke for long periods paralyses the cilia completely.
– Your lungs become devoid of the protective mechanism of cilia and are exposed to all kinds of infections.
– Almost 60 percent of children ages 3 to 11 are exposed to secondhand smoke, which puts them at increased risk for a wide range of health problems. It can your own child.
– Osteoporosis is a disease of the bones that leads to reduction in bone density, increased bone fragility, weakness and fractures.
– Mostly likely to develop depression.
– Heart disease, hormone problems, breast cancer, cervical cancer and vulvar cancer are many of the other complications.
The only alternative to lead a healthy and beautiful life is “QUIT SMOKING”. To quit smoking means immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones.
Edit,Resize Images Without Installing Software?
Your Photo with Paris Hilton,David Beckham,Angelina Jolie Like ME:
One Search USERNAME availability
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Cigarette, health, life, smoking, women | 2 Comments »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on October 9, 2008
Fashion Ka Hai Ye Jalwa!
If you want to be aware of the latest trend and know what fashion is all about, then I have an excellent article for you!
All you ladies can look exceptionally gorgeous and amazing with some basic tips and suggestions-
Let’s hear it from my friend Aanal who is a Fashion and Jewelry Designer.
According to Aanal fashion is not just to wear clothes of the current trend, but it should also match with your figure and personality. Few of the factors that define your fashion statement are body frame, skin tone, level of comfort and personal attitude.
1. Choose your outfits in your best colors. Start with 3 colors that look great on you and build around those.
2. for workout clothes buy a sweat suit that suits you in color and shape. You will always look great leaving the gym and won’t be too embarrassed to stop into a store to pick something up on the way home.
3. Jeans are a great casual item and look better if they are in good condition and are more slimming if they are in a darker color.
4. Women find it difficult to get jeans to fit well and often wear jeans that are not very flattering. To find the perfect jeans for your body type takes a little work, time and patience and you may have to try on a good number of pairs before you find the right fit.
5. Stay away from tight fitting pants or jeans if you do not have slim thighs. A looser fit is much more slimming and flattering.
Here we have discussed some of the fashion tips which are extremely important as per the women’s fashion point of view.
Listen to what people are saying about how you look. Are they commenting on the clothes or are they saying that YOU look fabulous? Usually a few minor adjustments to style or color can make all the difference.
Just by changing the shade of one particular color and style of dress can be the start of finding the real beauty within. Your inner beauty may have lain static for far to long all because you took for granted that the first bright lime green luminous blouse you ever tried on was not for you, therefore leaving you resisting future fashion garments in green, But did you ever consider replacing that lime green blouse for pretty cowl neck musky jade shade.. Also a change of hairstyle can alter your whole image along with the color that you banished from the wardrobe.
Remember, you create your very own style. Have fun!
Special Thanks ‘Aanal for all the look good tips!
Lipstick Can Lead To Cancer….???
Dancing Keeps u Fit……….
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: Fashion & Lifestyle, jeans, ladies, outfits, trend | 2 Comments »
Posted by Deepak Shetty on October 6, 2008
Dying to Look Good…..
Are you dying to see me or is that lead in your lipstick?
An attractive beauty aid/product/service has come under fire, the exposure of millions of women to the accumulative effects of Lead (a c through the use of their lipstick.
“Lead on lips can lead to lead toxicity. A lipstick that gives a bright colour to your lips may contain significant amounts of lead. Don’t be mislead by the glow, and use chemical-free lipsticks, if you can” -Dr Joshi at www.farawaysister.com
Something to consider next time you go shopping for Lipstick…. …
Many women don’t realize that when they’re putting on their favorite lipstick each morning, it can be bringing them one step closer to lead poisoning. This guide will help you check to see if your lipstick contains lead.
- Rub a small amount of lipstick across a part of open skin, preferably your hand.
- Wipe a gold ring or any jewelry made of gold on it.
- Wait for about a minute or two. If the color turns black, then immediately throw the lipstick away. The lipsticks that you want to test are old ones, they don’t make lipstick with lead anymore, but many from years past can be very dangerous.
- If there is no color change, then your lipstick is fine.
- The lipstick will not turn black immediately. If it doesn’t change within a minute or so, then it is fine.
- Similar to other makeup, lipstick does have a shelf life, and should be discarded after 6 months.
- “This claim appears to be drawn from an old alchemist’s trick of testing the purity of gold by rubbing ore on a dark stone (often containing lead) and comparing the streak with another of known quality. However, the process does not work in reverse. Even if it did, there would not be a large enough concentration of lead in a strip of lipstick to produce a visible change. Real, reliable detection of lead in a product requires rigorous scientific testing, and cannot be achieved “on the cheap” using normal household products.”
So Ladies – “PRECAUTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.”
Love and care your self, and look beautiful for ever.
This comes from someone
Who works in the breast cancer unit at
-Mt. Sinai Hospital , in Toronto ..
-From: Dr. Nahid Neman
Posted in Fashion & Lifestyle | Tagged: beauty, cancer, lead, lips, Lipstick, shopping | 5 Comments »